Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Paulerspury, Northamptonshire Registration Distric

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 30 Mar 2008 13:22

Hi

Have found who I think might be my great grandad on the 1901 census, and I am trying to find his birth cert so I can confirm it.

His siblings were all born in Paulersbury Northamptonshire from 1877 onwards and I would like to get their birth certs too, so that I can build up a picture of his family as we know so little of him.

I have checked on Genuki website for the registration area and although Paulerspury is there its not highlighted or not able to click on, but Pottersbury is, so I wondered would this be the correct registration district for Paulerbury. Hope you all understand my waffle lol.

Also my great grandads place of birth on 1901 is Castlethorpe Buckinghamshire so does anyone know what that registration district would be ?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Tracie.

Sue C

Sue C Report 30 Mar 2008 13:31

Have you tried googling for the registration districts?

Sue

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 30 Mar 2008 13:33

no sue I havent but I have just had another look on Genuki and I think I might have got it.

Thanks
Tracie.

Sue C

Sue C Report 30 Mar 2008 13:39

Newport Pagnell for Castlethorpe in 1901.

Sue

Sue C

Sue C Report 30 Mar 2008 13:43

Sorry.....Paulerspury came under Potterspury, was transferred to Towcester 1935.

Sue

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 30 Mar 2008 13:50

thanks sue for your help, will look for them on the bmd now and fingers crossed find them.

Thanks again
Tracie.

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 30 Mar 2008 14:11

There are quite a lot of parish records online for Potterspury (before and after 1837):

http://www.potterspury.org.uk

They haven't put pre-1837 baptisms online yet, though.

*stinkermurdock*

*stinkermurdock* Report 30 Mar 2008 16:13

OOh Thank you mary, am now off to see what i can find.

thanks
tracie.