Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Books on Weston Super Mare History

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Llamedos Pam

Llamedos Pam Report 30 Mar 2008 20:39

Does anyone know of any books on Weston Super Mare local history.
Went yesterday to see if any of the houses where the family had lived were still standing, sadly after braving some not so nice weather but finding Weston a very nice place turns out the family home ( Carlton Street) is now a car park. The local library was closed so I went to W H Smiths and they had absolutely nothing,
I have tried googling "Books on Weston Super Mare" or "Local history of W S M" and got nothing, .Trying to find Carlton Street and Reeves Cottages which was a small street off Carlton Street.

Would be grateful for any assistance. Many thanks

Pam

Llamedos Pam

Llamedos Pam Report 30 Mar 2008 22:52

THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH

PAM XXXX

Jill

Jill Report 3 Apr 2008 16:25

hi pam
i live in weston s mare and one of my relations lived in carlton st , i know that carlton st was bombed in the ww 2 so it could well be that it was one of those housesa small stretch do remain opposite the town hall but not sure what numbers they start at. i am just starting to do reasearch and i have been to the library today for the first time. i am going to the museum soon as well. i know the name of a fab weston historian who has written a few books and i have one here with small photos in. her name is sharon poole. if i find out more info on carlton st i will let you know,
jill x