Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

gro certificate order

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 10 Apr 2008 21:35

Has anyone ordered certifcates from GRO lately. I ordered 3 two weeks ago and am still waiting for them. Last time i ordered they arrived within 5 days.Just wondered if anyone else was experiencing a delay from them?? I'm probably just being impatient but thought i'd ask.

Sue

Sue Report 10 Apr 2008 21:40

Thanks Kirsty, know what you mean, keep waiting for the postman to come, it's like waiting for a lottery win. I'll just have to try and contain myself a bit longer. Sue

David

David Report 10 Apr 2008 21:49

Sent for a Marriage and Birth Certificate in the past month, they both arrived bang on the date they give for delivery on the order.
David

Sue

Sue Report 10 Apr 2008 21:52

Thanks David, only queried because last one i ordered arrived 3 days early (mind you they also sent it again and that one arrived on the due date) I'll just have to be patient. Sue

Lyndi

Lyndi Report 10 Apr 2008 21:53

I have always had them arrive on the date after they say they will be sent or early.

I am expecting one tomorrow and two saturday, so fingers crossed!

Tetley

Tetley Report 10 Apr 2008 22:11

I have always had mine arrive on the date stated.

Two I have ordered recently have not arrived yet they are late. I can only assume they are they are very busy.

Battenburg

Battenburg Report 11 Apr 2008 04:03

Been waiting 5 weeks but Im in NZ . I was beginning to think it was lost.

Glad to know its not only me.

Jenny

Jenny Report 11 Apr 2008 07:58

Mine are late as well, the waiting is driving me crazy! Maybe today's the day.

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 11 Apr 2008 09:01

Mine are due for dispatch today! Hope they come, It's horrible waiting isn't it. It makes you feel like a child waiting for Christmas!

Pat

Carter

Carter Report 11 Apr 2008 09:17

i ordered 7 (instead of easter eggs !!) and 5 came when on the day they were due but the other 2 where 2 weeks later.
must be busy time of year
linda x

Nightowl51

Nightowl51 Report 11 Apr 2008 10:23

Hi
I ordered on the 28th March due on the 4th but got it on the 10th April. So I think they must be busy.

Carol x

Sue

Sue Report 11 Apr 2008 21:00

Hi
Just to let you know have rec'd one of three today. Hopefully the others will arrive shortly.Thanks for you replies and i hope you all get what you are waiting for !!
Sue

Naila

Naila Report 11 Apr 2008 22:05

I ordered a death cert. on Sunday said 4-7 days delivery but nothing yet!

Last time I ordered it was with me in 3 days!
Naila

Christine

Christine Report 11 Apr 2008 22:20

I have been waiting four weeks for 5 certificates (I had saved up!). When I finally received one on tuesday it was wrong - they had not used the reference check.
I rang to complain and finally got through (after being told I was to be cut off due to the volume of calls 5 times). A really lovely woman told me that she would refund the relevant amount and chase up the other certs. Still waiting. Oh well.
Chris