Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Parish Records, Wyther, Nr. Leeds. W. Yorks.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

**Granny Bangles**

**Granny Bangles** Report 11 Apr 2008 17:06

Hi am just wondering whether anyone has access to Parish Records for the Church of The Venerable Bede, Wyther, Nr. Leeds, West Yorkshire?
If by any chance anyone has, is there a chance of a look up please?

It's a marriage in 1945 between Constance Fox (nee Archer or Clark) and Harry Mantle, I know Constance's father on the cert is Arthur but need to know his surname to identify if I have the correct person.
Thanks, any help would be much appreciated.
Jackie
PS if anyone replies, I'm not sure how to review the post so please be patient, it's not that I'm ignoring anyone.

Potty

Potty Report 11 Apr 2008 19:28

The marriage cert will give her father's name - it will be a copy of what is in the Parish record.

This is the reference for the marriage:
Sep-Dec qtr 1945 Harry Mantle Leeds 9b 897

You can order the cert on line from the GRO - www.gro.gov.uk
It will cost £7 if you tick the box that says you have the full reference and use the details above (9b is the volume no and 897 the page no)

To add a reply, just type your message in the box at the bottom under Add reply - don't use review - I think that is a request to GR to look at the thread because if you think it should be removed from the board.

**Granny Bangles**

**Granny Bangles** Report 12 Apr 2008 16:35

Hi Potty,
Sorry taken so long to get back to you.
Would like to say a big thanks for your help and references, will order on line now from GRO.
Regards
Jackie