Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census download problem on ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maxichall

maxichall Report 11 Apr 2008 19:01

Hi is anybody else having problems downloading the census images on Ancestry - the site is working fine, but every census I try to download is just hanging!!!!
Regards
Max

K

K Report 11 Apr 2008 19:03

I have just tried it and its working fine

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 11 Apr 2008 19:05

I had that problem yesterday, I logged off the site and then logged back on again and it was fine after that.

Roy

maxichall

maxichall Report 11 Apr 2008 19:32

Thanks
I'll log off again and leave it a while and try again!!

***Michelle***

***Michelle*** Report 11 Apr 2008 19:41

Hi Max

I have had this prob for a few days now.Not all the time and its really annoying as i run a thread for census lookups on the Records Office Board and i rely on the census images daily.I have sent a email to Ancestry and i am awaiting a reply.I find Ancestry are having a few probs over past few weeks and this is the 2nd time i have had to contact their technical team.If i get an answer soon i will let you know.I find going off the internet and then back on and reloading Ancestry again and then loading the image again helps.

Michelle

Sophfox

Sophfox Report 12 Apr 2008 15:41

I am also having a problem for nearly a week with the census image hanging. I have tried it on my OH laptop - windows vista, and it works fine. I have also emailed Ancestry and awaiting a reply.

Jill