Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

information please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marina

Marina Report 12 Apr 2008 09:55

I am searching for my husbands birth parents. He was adopted before the date that he can have access to his adoption records. We have my husbands full birth name and certificates now. Giving us his mothers, fathers names and where they lived. based on this and some possibly correct information on approximate mothers age when he was born I started the searches. I think I have found his parents birth dates and have the log numbers.
How do I know these are right? I have not ordered copies yet as I do not want to waste money on the wrong ones. I could be barking up the wrong tree, is there any way I can cross reference using the only real information we have my hubands birth record. I have narrowed the father down to 2 possibles as they are the only ones born with his name in a 30 year period. Is there any way I can tell which one it is.
Am I also right in my belief that the father must have been involved with my husbands birth registration otherwise his name would not have been on the certificate.
Thank you for reading I hope this makes sense.
Marina

Kay????

Kay???? Report 12 Apr 2008 10:04

Is your husband over 18,?

If the fathers name appears in registration,,,,then likley chance he consented,,,,,,,,but it needs proving by the adoption records<

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 12 Apr 2008 13:07

Were his parents unmarried at the time of the birth? If so and you have found the father's name on the birth certificate then the birth should be registered twice (once in the father's name and once in the mother's maiden name).

Depending on what year we are talking about could you look at the electoral roll for the address you have and see who is registered there - if the parent's were too young to vote then it could be the parent's parents. That way you would have a checking point for the birth details you think you have found.

Kath. x