Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Unusual name.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Teddys Girl

Teddys Girl Report 12 Apr 2008 12:14

On a picture of a Grave, which Shelly kindly sent me, I have an unusual name. These are all babies that died at an early age.

I have Charley, which I have found as Charles, on BMD, and then I have Hurley, or Murley, his twin.

Obviously this is a baby name,

Does anyone have any idea what the proper name could be?

I have tried every name possible,

Thanking you.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 12 Apr 2008 12:19

what year . If you found charles then his twin should be on the same ref

Teddys Girl

Teddys Girl Report 12 Apr 2008 12:27

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for your reply
Tried this,to no avail. I am wondering if the twin was a still birth, and maybe not registered.

Seems all the babies have been put on the grave stone after the father died in 1897.

The earliest baby is 1872 aged 7 months. named on grave as Teddy, which I found as Edward on BMD.

What heartbreak for my great grandmother to loose nine babies. I felt so sad.

She went on to have ten that lived, and lived herself to the ripe old age of 85.dying in 1933.

FamilyFogey

FamilyFogey Report 12 Apr 2008 12:42

It might be worth checking the parish registers for the burials to double check the names?

What were the names and what area where they from? What churchyard were they buried in?

x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 12 Apr 2008 12:47

There are quite a few individuals on Ancestry with the name Hurley and Murley so maybe they are proper names (possibly taken from the surname of an ancestor).

Kath. x

Teddys Girl

Teddys Girl Report 12 Apr 2008 13:10

Thank you Mrs Tibbetts
The surname was Murray, and the area Forest Gate, and the churchyard West Ham.
I live in Hampshire and cannot get up to West Ham.

Thank you Kathleen Bell, will have a look to see as you say could he Murley or Hurley.

Thank you