Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Getting a Will ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Germaine

Germaine Report 13 Apr 2008 18:23

Anyone know if there is a time gap for when you can obtain a Will.
I am searching for my Grandfather who may have changed his name. ( he just appears when he marries my Granny)
Have now found one possible for his father and left a will and I wonder if I would be allowed to obtain a copy. He died in 1924.
Hoping if he doesn't name his son on his will and his son isn't listed as dead it could be him.
Germaine
x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Apr 2008 18:30

Have a look at this web page:-

http://www.lawontheweb.co.uk/willsafterdeath.htm

You need to write to York.

Kath. x

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 13 Apr 2008 18:30

You'll be able to get a copy of the will - no problem. You can order a copy from York Probate Office - Google for address - and it will cost £5.

Germaine

Germaine Report 13 Apr 2008 18:33

Thanks Kath and Ann . I wasn't sure if there was a time lapse before I could apply as I wouldn't be able to say he was a defnate relative.
Gosh this man was certainly a mystery.
Will get sent off for it . Hope there is a clue in there.
Germaine
x