Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone know how to get hold of...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Poppybat

Poppybat Report 13 Apr 2008 23:40

Obituaries from American newspapers?

I have two references which I found on rootsweb ages ago, for ancestors who died in Florida in the 1960s. I have the exact references, even down to page numbers. I've tried emailing the local library and a contact I found listed on a website for the newspaper, but had no response from either (this was about two months ago).
Does anyone have any other ideas how I can get hold of them... the newspaper in question is the COCOA TRIBUNE, published Brevard, Florida.

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 14 Apr 2008 01:07

Have you tried this page? It might be worth a go.

http://www.askalibrarian.org/ask/vrl_intro.asp?library=FLPL0500

Poppybat

Poppybat Report 14 Apr 2008 22:31

Yes, I tried emailing them :(
They never replied. I guess I should try again, it's probably the best lead I have!

Joyce

Joyce Report 14 Apr 2008 22:48

I am in the USA. Can I help you? I belong to Ancestry.com which is a big help. Sometimes you can log on to this web site and see free stuff. If you would like me to look something up for you I will be glad to. You can reach me at [email protected] Be sure and put research in the subject line so I won't think it is spam. Joyce

Poppybat

Poppybat Report 15 Apr 2008 23:30

Thanks Joyce! I've sent you an email!