Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

locating parents details

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 15 Apr 2008 08:02

Hey there,

Is there a way to find out the details of a persons parents on here without buying credits? I am looking for the parents of Lynne D McCarthy 1965 (approx) I think she was born in London and I know she got married to m y father in 1985. Help please! Lisa x

Sam

Sam Report 15 Apr 2008 09:18

There is no way to find the parents names of anybody without buying their birth certificate, which will cost you £7.

Sam x

Penny

Penny Report 15 Apr 2008 09:36

until you have her marriage cert, how do you know that Mccarthy was her maiden name?

You dont buy certs with credits- you have to order them from The GRO - £7 each

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 15 Apr 2008 10:16

I don't think you are going to be able to order certs as you have very little information.

From the GRO website

"For births, marriages and deaths registered in England and Wales, you may apply online for any certificate if you have the full GRO index reference. In the case of events in the last 50 years you will be prompted to supply further details as you complete the online application form."

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 15 Apr 2008 10:35

this could be her birth

Mar qtr 1965

Lynne D McCarthy mmn Larhey??( image isnt clear) Lambeth 5c 2195

you need her marriage cert for her dads name then we may be able to find the marriage of her parents to get her mums name. You wont be able to order her birth cert without her parents names as her birth is under 50 years

Lisa

Lisa Report 15 Apr 2008 11:49

Oooh thanks for the help! It is really sad she was born the same date as my father. I will have to get on and buy it then. Oh yeah,, I know her maiden name through my grandmother. xx

Lisa

Lisa Report 15 Apr 2008 12:10

Yep Lynnes mother maiden name is Larhey i found it on ancestry, thanks for all your help!