Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Query re: Ancestry Homepage

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kaz in a Tizz

Kaz in a Tizz Report 16 Apr 2008 12:30

Hi Everyone

I have just logged on to ancestry and you know the box on right hand side that reminds you of recent searches. Well mine have searches for names and places I haven't searched!

What do you think this means? I am a bit confused as no one shares my computer.

Kaz

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 16 Apr 2008 13:39

Ancestry have been throwing up some weird stuff recently, lists of wrong names and dodgy census images etc. When it works well its brilliant but it does have the hiccups sometimes!

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 16 Apr 2008 13:52

Have you used Ancestry on any other computer?

Christine

Kaz in a Tizz

Kaz in a Tizz Report 16 Apr 2008 14:21

Thanks Lindsey - that makes me feel better!

Christine, only my old one which my youngest son has but am not sure he would be interested in (or able to search) Burke's peerage or the Scottish Mercury lol This is why I found the searches so strange as I have never searched either of these databases before.

I Will interrogate son when he gets in from school.

Thanks for your replies

Kaz

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 16 Apr 2008 14:32

No probably not lol, it was just a thought.

Seems very strange doesn't it.

As Lindsey said it was doing weird things a few weeks ago but never heard of anything like you have experienced.

Christine

Barbara

Barbara Report 16 Apr 2008 15:12

Hi - you could try emailing Ancestry customer support - hopefully they can tell you.

Barbara

Kaz in a Tizz

Kaz in a Tizz Report 16 Apr 2008 21:27

Thats a good point Shelly I will ask them as are only 4 invited! I will contact the support team if have no joy there!

Thanks everyone!

Kaz