Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scottish Birth Cert

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MandaLou

MandaLou Report 16 Apr 2008 14:04

I need a birth certificate for a scottish relly, I looked on scotlandspeople and I have to pay to even look for the record I need? Is there another way I can do this to find the vol and page number.
Either that or If I do pay how long does it take to see the cert or is it available to view online?
Thanks
Any other advice on scottish families greatly appreciated

+*+blossom In Essex+*+

+*+blossom In Essex+*+ Report 16 Apr 2008 14:17

Once you've put your relative's birth etc details on Scotlands People and it shows you how many results there are for those details you will have to pay to view each page of the results. Each page is 1 credit I think. If you find any matches and you wish to look at one particular image then you have to pay a further five credits per image. However once you have viewed the images they will get stored under 'Viewed Images' so you don't have to pay again to view the same images. You can view the images and print them off if they are the right ones, or if you prefer you can order a cert. The certs take around 20 days to arrive according to the site but I have always received mine before this. The certs cost £10 I think.

I have one credit (!) left on Scotlands People but will probably need more anyway so if there is something you want me to check I could try for you.

MandaLou

MandaLou Report 16 Apr 2008 14:20

Thanks for the offer blossom but I did an initial search and came up with 5 possibilities lol, So this first look could end up expensive for me and even then they might not be the correct people.
When you say you can view the image is that the actual certificate?

+*+blossom In Essex+*+

+*+blossom In Essex+*+ Report 16 Apr 2008 14:27

As far as I know, the image you see is what is on the cert you order.

Alistair

Alistair Report 16 Apr 2008 14:41

Mandy

You view the GRO copy of the actual certificate.

Alistair

MandaLou

MandaLou Report 16 Apr 2008 14:42

Excellent, thank you will get some credits going and just hope i can find the peeps lol

Kay????

Kay???? Report 16 Apr 2008 15:39

You get 30 credits @ SP for £6,,you can then get min of 3 cert @ 5 credits per cert......... downloaded to save and print off imedialtey they are a bargin compared to English ones @ £7 a time** each one**,,plus they contain more information,,,,,,,,,plus all your veiwed and previous searchs are saved, on the site,,,,,