Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Success for Smith searcher

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PDH not so new now!

PDH not so new now! Report 16 Apr 2008 16:52

Thanks to everyone who has listened to me over the months as I worried away at my "Smith" problem. A few people were kind enough to think through a lot of stuff.

Today I had a flash of inspiration and looked sideways and discovered the reason the info didn't fit....it was the wrong Walter Smith!!!!

I have found the right one by trawling through the enumeration district to look at the address I had for 1903- thank goodness he didn't move from 1901 and I found him!
My error was in believing his "occupation" on the marriage cert in 1903, because on the 1901 he has put something else (back in 1881 he is still practising the original job).

Now the family names all fit with what my aunty remembers.

Course I have piles of stuff on the wrong family, so if anyone needs a Walter Smith, born in Norfolk, 1857, you know who to ask...

Today is a good day!
Petrina

Dea

Dea Report 16 Apr 2008 19:03

Well done !! - It is obvious that you feel VERY pleased and quite rightly so !!

Enjoy your success! - this is what it is all about!

Dea x