Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

marriages Spain 1900's?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

:) still smiling :)

:) still smiling :) Report 18 Apr 2008 16:08

Hi all,

hopefully someone can help me. from members of my family i beleive that my gggrandfather remarried after his wife died in 1897. my grandfather beleives his sister was given the middle name conchita because this was his father's step mothers name.

however in 1901 census i have my great grandfather sydney Gannaway and his brother frank with a woman called mary gannaway in southampton who is down as being their mother.

Their father worked on the ships (i think cunnard liners) so he is never on the census. my problem is i can find no marriage for Charles Gannaway to mary between 1897 and 1901 that fits. also we are pretty sure that sydneys step mother was spanish. is there any way to check marriages in spain for this time?

i know its a long shot but thought it was worth a try. hopefully my message makes sense and someone can help. Thanks,
Leanne.