Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Your opinion needed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynda Carol

Lynda Carol Report 18 Apr 2008 17:05

On the 1851 census I have an Ann Parkinson, nee Nash, aged 27 living with her husband Reuben in Blockley Worcs. On this census she is down has having been born in Blockley, but I cannot find her on the 1841 census. Going by family names, and how "reliable" census entrys can be I have found an Ann Nash born in Lindridge Worcs, but I have been told that this is not the Ann I am looking for. Whats your opinion?

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 18 Apr 2008 17:09

Lynda the 1841 census doesn't give place of birth only if born in the county or not, so it could be her.

Jennifer

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 18 Apr 2008 17:10

As she's 27 on the 1851 she should be 15 on the 1841.

Also the 1841 doesn't give a place of birth it only says if the person was born in or out of county

Your best bet is a marrage cert which will show her Dad's name & occupation

Lynda Carol

Lynda Carol Report 18 Apr 2008 17:12

Thanks for that

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 18 Apr 2008 17:21

On the 1881 census it gives her birth place as Paxford, Worcestershire