Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Parish records on CD

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

K.C.

K.C. Report 18 Apr 2008 20:03

Can anyone tell me what information might be on the CDs you can order on line, will it give parents names if known.

KC

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥

♥ Kitty the Rubbish Cook ♥ Report 18 Apr 2008 20:45

I have baptisms marriages and deaths for a local parish from 1988-1887

Baptisms show parents names in all the cases and some include the date of birth, description baseborn and others the age at baptism..................some were 10years or older

From 1813 the marriages include the witnesses and from 1837 they also show the father of the bride and groom

Hope this helps you.

K.C.

K.C. Report 18 Apr 2008 20:49

Thank-you Kitty it is a marriage in 1832, so no father will be on there thats what I am looking for.

KC

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 20 Apr 2008 01:36

K.C.
It might be worth e-mailling the local archives office to see how much they charge for a search.
Ive been fairly lucky doing it that way and it's not that expensive...so long as it's not a London one