Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Going to bed thinking, dreaming genealogy.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Benjamin

Benjamin Report 19 Apr 2008 12:33

Hi

I thought I'd start a new thread about if we go to bed thinking, sleeping and dreaming genealogy. I often dream about a genalogical finding that in real life I cannot find out and when I wake up I am disappointed but I quite often think about the same thing when I am drifting off to sleep. I'll explain in full below:-

I often think about the same thing when I am laying in bed just before I go to sleep. But I dont mind it as it is only about an ancestor who has been dead a long time. But it is still creepy.

My ggggran Mary Ann Roberts died on the 14th Nov 1886 at 25 Evelyn Buildings, Dorrington St, Holborn, London aged 46, much younger wife of 73-year old elderly soap boiler Thos Roberts, my ggggrandfather. She died of 3 major body infections and was buried on the 20th Nov 1886.

I dont know why but I quite often think of what Thomas was doing inbetween 20th and 30th Nov 1886 after just having buried his wife. I wonder if he sat by the fireplace in the tenement and how he coped once his wife was at peace. I often get ghostly images of the wrinkled old man sitting at night in his grotty tenement either on the bed or sitting by the fire with his walking stick, grieving and it can be quite spooky.

Ben

Chica in the sun ☼

Chica in the sun ☼ Report 19 Apr 2008 18:08

Hi Ben, I´m going to PM you if that is okay.

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 20 Apr 2008 01:30

Ben
For a long time I had images running through my head of my GGGrandmothers second husband who was sitting alone by the fire looking frail.
When I received his death certificate it stated his cause of death as collapsed ~giddiness caused by fire fumes !

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 20 Apr 2008 01:41

Hey! lighten up people!

We all gotta die of something!....I aim to die of smoking too many ciggies...

......and my kids have orders to pack me away with a 20 pack...just in case lol

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 20 Apr 2008 01:45

lol I may just be joining you on that !

Benjamin

Benjamin Report 20 Apr 2008 12:10

Hi

I did also post this on Records office but have deleted that post so I dont clutter up the boards with two of the same topics.

Yes, these images can be quite spooky and they probably look similar to the actual moments that we imagine.

Ben