Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What happened inbetween

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 19 Apr 2008 21:31

I have a birth and death but nothing inbetween. Can anyone tell me how I can find out the middle bit please. Born 1938 so no census records, can't find a marriage although I know he did marry, can't even find a entry in the telephone directories. Can anyone help please?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Apr 2008 21:33

Who registered the death?

What was his address at the time?

The ER for that address will give the names of all occupants eligible to vote

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Apr 2008 21:34

Where have you looked in your search for a marriage?

Linda

Linda Report 19 Apr 2008 21:37

Don't know who reg. death, found the entry on ancestry, death was in Southwark.
How do I get accesst to the ER please?

Searched for the marriage on freebmd, ancestry and family.org

Sam

Sam Report 19 Apr 2008 21:39

The electoral register will be at the records office or main library for the area in question and is searchable by address only, it is not name indexed.

Have you searched the full indexes on Ancestry quarter by quarter and not just the partial ones? FreeBMD and familysearch don't cover the time frame that you need.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Apr 2008 21:43

freebmd does not cover the years you need......you have to search qtr by qtr in the FULL index.only available on pay-to-view.

I suggest you get the death cert......to find the informant's name, and the address....then contact the appropriate main library and hope that they will do lookups.

Linda

Linda Report 19 Apr 2008 21:52

Thanks everyone, that would probably account for not finding the marriage. I'll now go search qtr by qtr