Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

tree software not linked to internet

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sara

Sara Report 21 Apr 2008 15:36

i have various programmes, gathered whilst doing this addictive hobby!!!

but, what i want now is a programme that will allow me to construct different trees which i can combine in a scrapbook... get the idea?? also with some decorative graphics etc

but...

i don't want the information to be on the www.. iykwim???

i want to add pics of living people therefore my wish for not wanting to go 'public'

i have FTM... also just bought, cheaply i might add... WDYTYA? only to find its FTM!!!!!! in disguise!..

any ideas... oh yes, forgot to add.... it would be a HUGE bonus if the software was FREE!! LOL

many thanks,
Sara

Lynda

Lynda Report 21 Apr 2008 15:57

Hi Sara,

I use Legacy (love it!) and they have put a trial version of a charting program out .. free until June 15 .. that works with Legacy Family Tree, Personal Ancestral File, Family Tree Maker, RootsMagic and GEDCOM files. You could try it out .. http://www.legacycharting.com/

Regards,
Lynda

Sara

Sara Report 21 Apr 2008 18:25

Cameron

Cameron Report 21 Apr 2008 19:04

Hi Sara,

You could try myheritage.com Its free and i think you will find it only goes public if you allow people access.

Regards Cameron

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 21 Apr 2008 19:12

You can make a book with FTM without putting it on the Internet.

You could either print it out or put it on a CD or flash drive.