Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help with tribalpages please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carter

Carter Report 23 Apr 2008 10:59

hi i wonder if there is anyone out there who could give me some help with the tribalpages site. i think it is fabulous but i am trying to upload some photos on to it but keep getting this message

Photo Import Error

Please make sure the file you uploaded is an image and is less than 5Mb in size

how can i make my photos smaller or whatever to enable me to put them on my site
i am not very good with technical terms so please explain it as in a dummies guide.

thanks linda x

Sam

Sam Report 23 Apr 2008 11:15

If you right click on the picture that you want to upload, at the bottom of the menu that appear should be 'properties'. Click this and it will tell you the fuile type and size. What are these?

Sam x

Carter

Carter Report 23 Apr 2008 11:23

it says bitmap image and file size is 513kb is this what you need to know ?
linda

Sam

Sam Report 23 Apr 2008 11:35

That should be fine to upload, it's nowhere near 5mb, are you getting any other error message?

I've just tested my Tribal pages site and have uploaded a bitmap image that is bigger than yours with no problem.

Sam x

Carter

Carter Report 23 Apr 2008 11:40

will try again with another photo
linda x

Carter

Carter Report 23 Apr 2008 11:43

this one got same error message and this is the file
MHTML document and file size is 46.3kb

linda x

Carter

Carter Report 23 Apr 2008 11:45

and this one
firefox document and 682 bytes

linda x

Sam

Sam Report 23 Apr 2008 11:50

You can't upload MHTML or firefox documents, they need to be standard image files - jpeg or Tiff or Bmp.

MHTML is usually used for saving complete webpages, is this what you have?

Sam x

Carter

Carter Report 23 Apr 2008 11:50

so can i change them into jpeg or tiff or bmp ?
linda

Sam

Sam Report 23 Apr 2008 11:53

I don't know to be honest, I doubt it. Jpeg or Bitmap is for photos and you seem to have saved a whole web page.

Does the page you have saved contain a picture that you would like to upload to Tribal Pages? If so, right click on the picture itself and choose 'save picture as' and this should let you save just the picture. You can then try to upload that rather than the whole page.

Sam x

Carter

Carter Report 23 Apr 2008 11:59

SAM THANKS SO MUCH I AM GOING TO GO AND GET A BITE TO EAT AND THEN HOPEFULLY TRY TO SORT THESE OUT THANKS ONCE AGAIN FOR ALL YOU TIME AND PATIENCE IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED
LINDA X
ps sorry about the caps i was looking at the keyboard and not the screen - sorry !!