Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Printing GR Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 23 Apr 2008 11:18

Please can someone tell me how to print part of my tree. Thanks

Jane

Jane

Jane Report 23 Apr 2008 11:22

Thanks

Its about time they sorted that out then.

Jane

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 23 Apr 2008 11:43

On GR you can either print the entire tree or you can print a single page. Thats all.

If you are serious about printing, then you need to use a program such as Family Tree Maker. This allows you to select as many or as few names as you like.

Version 16, the one I currently use has 9 charts and several reports, all of which can be customised for appearance and content.

Eric

Eric Report 23 Apr 2008 12:07

When trying to print whole tree how do you know how many pages when no preview is offered?

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 23 Apr 2008 12:20

Printing anything from GR is very disappointing and rarely turns out exactly as you see it on screen. Gr have never addressed this problem and seem totally satisfied with the service they offer,

If you are up to transfering a copy of your tree via GEDCOM to another site then you will be able to print how you like. I find after FTM thatTribalpages produces quality print-outs.My last attempt on GR took 126 pages most of which were blank, the result was a part tree of someone I didnt know and had no contact with !!

Jane

Jane Report 23 Apr 2008 12:21

Thanks for your help Peter.

Jane