Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry and Maestro

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Potty

Potty Report 23 Apr 2008 12:59

Received a letter from Ancestry this morning saying that they can again accept Maestro and asking me to contact them to renew my membership and offering me a 20% discount - great!. They say that if they do not hear from me they will assume that I no longer require membership and will ensure that my account is closed on the 12th May 2008.

Fine, EXCEPT, my membership isn't due for renewal until October!!

Don't think a 20% discount covers 6 months lost membership. Hopefully, this is mistake which will be sorted when I phone them.

J* Near M3.Jct4

J* Near M3.Jct4 Report 23 Apr 2008 14:42

Hi Potty - I have just received the same letter and expiry date you quote - mine also due for remewal end October 08!! I am going to ring them - presume lines will be red hot!

J* Near M3.Jct4

J* Near M3.Jct4 Report 23 Apr 2008 14:55

I have just rung and told 12th May 2008 shown in error! Very apologetic - but will have to ring before expiry date and quote letter received today to get 20% discount at that time.

Potty

Potty Report 23 Apr 2008 15:06

I've just rung as well and been told 12th May an error. Didn't think to ask about the discount. Will have to remember to phone in October!

Patricia

Patricia Report 23 Apr 2008 19:42

Hi All

Seems we've all got the same letter!
Not very organised of them, is it?
Let's hope we're not all 'cut off' in May!!!
If we are (and I'm away then) I'll certainly be having strong words with them.

Kate

Kate Report 23 Apr 2008 20:04

I got a similar letter too, this morning! I really thought it was because my subscription runs out on 20th May and they wanted to make sure they got my "continued membership", to quote the letter.

But they didn't quote the date my membership expires, and they addressed me as "Ms."! (I'm sure I registered as "Miss".)

gemqueen

gemqueen Report 23 Apr 2008 20:07

Yep, me too. No mention on the letter about the date mine finishes just 'expiring soon'
Mine expires in Sept.

Di

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 23 Apr 2008 20:14

My letter also says 12th May, it should be 28th November.
I rang than & they said it was a mistake