Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 24 Apr 2008 14:18

Why can't I get Birth,marriages and Death records to come up on Ancestry.com Since yesterday all I keep getting is 'NO RECORD FOUND' when trying to get complete BMD's
HELP.
Sue

Ivy

Ivy Report 24 Apr 2008 14:23

You're not the only one Sue - there have been several threads on this topic over the past few days.

Someone suggested a workaround on the basis that only some of the Ancestry links work - essentially to go in by one of the few open doors. I'll see if I can find the right thread.

♥Athena

♥Athena Report 24 Apr 2008 14:24

Sue

Are you definitely searching in the UK BMD's? Could you have clicked into the wrong section by mistake - e.g. Complete BMD Indexes 1984-2005? I know I've done that a couple of times in my haste.

Also, if you're in the UK, log into ancestry.co.uk rather than .com.

Regards - Athena

Cheshiremaid

Cheshiremaid Report 24 Apr 2008 14:26

Unable get bmds last night...cannot even get onto Ancestry at all at the moment!!

Linda

Potty

Potty Report 24 Apr 2008 14:26

What years are you searching?

Ivy

Ivy Report 24 Apr 2008 14:26

Here we are, Lou found that she could get in by choosing a year rather than a surname

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1033636

♥Athena

♥Athena Report 24 Apr 2008 14:27

Oh - I didn't realise others were having problems with it. I'm not having any probs at all with Ancestry. Very strange, eh?

Athena

Sue

Sue Report 24 Apr 2008 14:30

Thanks all, years I'm searching are 1936 to 1938 marriages, can get to year and the letter but you then have to go through pages to get to surname you want very long-winded way of doing it
sue x

Potty

Potty Report 24 Apr 2008 14:35

Sue

Try searching for a surname a little bit before or after the one you want and then go through the pages - not quite as long winded as as starting from the beginning.

The problem is caused by names added out of order at the bottom of the pages and then used as the last name.

Sue

Sue Report 24 Apr 2008 14:38

Just tried it again and guess what let me go to 1/4 indexes straight away yet have been trying since last night!!
Thanks for all advise

Sue