Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

tracing relations in parish records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 24 Apr 2008 20:23

Hi could anyone tell me how i go about tracing people in the parish records and can you do that on line.
thanks linda

Borobabs

Borobabs Report 24 Apr 2008 20:50

Linda it all depends on the areas your looking for , some are well covered other not ;l;

Babs

Linda

Linda Report 24 Apr 2008 20:58

I would be looking in the area of devon and cornwall, also gloucestershire. Are thouse used often do you know? linda

Sue in Devon

Sue in Devon Report 24 Apr 2008 21:46

Linda,

try scribes alcove for some glos parishes, frenchay museum archives for some others,

Sue

Sam

Sam Report 24 Apr 2008 21:48

Try googling the place name and parish records e.g 'Burslem Parish Records'. If any are on line, you should find them.

Have you tried the IGI, there are quite a few baptisms and marriages on there.

Sam x