Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Yateley Hampshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

liquidamber¨°o.O

liquidamber¨°o.O Report 27 Apr 2008 05:16

In the 1901 census I have Lewis Demrel with family as Publican of The Bell Frogmore Road Yateley, Hampshire. So off I went to investigate, and yes it is still there, but unfortunately there are no pics. So my question is, does anyone live near there, I was looking for a email address of the present owner but there is none. If anyone happens to pass it at any time, could they take a pic for me. Must say I got really excited when I found it was still in existance.

With Hope and regards

Amber

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 27 Apr 2008 09:37

It might be worth you looking on here

http://photoexchange.ourgenealogy.co.uk/pe/index.php

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 27 Apr 2008 09:44

Hi Amber,
I don't live near Yateley, but the Francis Frith website has old photos of the village - unfortunately it hasn't a photo of The Bell!!

http://www.francisfrith.com/search/england/hampshire/yateley/photos/yateley_photos.htm

maggie

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Apr 2008 10:43

Why not write to the present landlady?

Landlord: ms hinton
Address: 36 Frogmore Road
Yateley
Camberley
Surrey
GU17 0NP

Or look up the phone number, and give her a call.

liquidamber¨°o.O

liquidamber¨°o.O Report 27 Apr 2008 11:27

Thankyou Claire Reggie and Maggie for your help, really appreciate your time.

Regards

Amber x x