Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FTM 2006 - How to delete an additional spouse

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kaye

Kaye Report 27 Apr 2008 07:08

Hi

I'm new to FTM 2006 edition and from my export from GR I have a few ancestors with more than one spouse connections which is not correct. I cannot find anywhere on FTM 2006 where I can delete the unwanted (incorrect) additional spouse. I can see where you can create an addtional spouse but not delete one HELP Please.

Can anyone help. Appreciate your advice.

Thanks Kaye

Kathy

Kathy Report 27 Apr 2008 07:26

Hi Kaye

Highlight the spouse you want to delete, go to people at the top and delete individual.

Hope this helps.
Kathy

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 27 Apr 2008 07:30

Hi Kaye,

You have to click on the unwanted spouse and then click people on the top of your FTM it will then bring up the option "delete individual"

Christine

Kaye

Kaye Report 27 Apr 2008 07:35

Hi Kathy,

This is frustrating, must be easy when you know how. I have deleted the (unknown unknown) spouse but now it says Spouseless Relationship 1.

And still when you look at his record it still says 2 spouses when I only want 1.

Are you able to tell which screen I should be on to make a spouse deletion.

Thanks Kaye

Kaye

Kaye Report 27 Apr 2008 07:45

Hi Christine, I can't seem to find which screen I should be at to be able to delete a spouse. As the few I have tried have 'delete individual' greyed out so I can't utilise that feature.

Sorry to be a pain.

Regards Kaye

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 27 Apr 2008 07:52

Hi Kaye,

First get the person who has 2 spouses, then click the unwanted spouse. You should then be able to delete it.

Just a thought, when you said it shows spouseless relationship, do you have children attached to this relationship, maybe thats why it is still showing.

Christine

Kaye

Kaye Report 27 Apr 2008 07:53

Hi Christine and Kathy,

Thank you for your help. I think I have worked it out. Because there were some children attached to the unknown spouse in error the spouse couldn't be deleted.

Best regards Kaye

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 27 Apr 2008 08:06

Pleased you've sorted it and see that it was because there were children attached that you couldn't delete then fully.

Christine