Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Informant on Death Certificate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 27 Apr 2008 08:26

Hi all

Have recently received a Death Certificate for my great uncle June 1971 - Details of the informant is ok (although I do not know who she was at the moment) but (b)qualification I dont really know what it means. Hope someone out there can help me.

(b) qualification

"Causing the disposal of the body"

I shall try and visit Birmingham Library soon to have a look at the electoral regs so hopefully I can try and establish who the informant was.

Thanks very much

Jan

Kay????

Kay???? Report 27 Apr 2008 08:51

It just means that the informant was qualified to register the death and state ,what was going to happen it the person,,,ie ,that is how its alway written on more modern day certificates,,,

Qualification,,,,,,,,,

Causing the body to be cremated,
Causing the body to be buried,

Enquiries at the local council should be able to tell you if it was burial or cremation,as they also keep records of their Municipal Cemetires,,,,,,,,and the Cemetry its self do,

Janet

Janet Report 27 Apr 2008 08:54

Hi Kay

Thanks very much for replying. I will now just have to find out who the informant was - just in case she was some sort of distant rellie.

Thanks again

Jan

Mary

Mary Report 27 Apr 2008 08:59

Hi
I had one similar the informant was the matron of the nursing home my cousin died in

Kay????

Kay???? Report 27 Apr 2008 09:02

The informtant could be anyone,,,depending where and circumstances where they died,,,,,,,does it have the address of informant?it should give relationship if a son,daughter or inlaw,

Janet

Janet Report 27 Apr 2008 09:21

Hi Kay

Yes the informant was living at a different address but only just around the corner - perhaps a friend or something.

I do know that he did not marry and was perhaps living with his sister and her hubbie at the address - best think I can do is to check the electoral regs at Birmingham.

Thanks again for your help

Jan

Janet

Janet Report 27 Apr 2008 09:22

Hi Mary

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply.

Regards

Jan