Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

DELETING RELATIONS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 27 Apr 2008 11:15

I've been very silly and added relations to my tree only later to believe they may be incorrect...
I have tried to delete them but unfortunately it won't allow me to as they have multiple relations.
Can anyone please help me, as really don't know what to do now ???

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 27 Apr 2008 11:31

i have the same, all you can do is re enter the name as deleted deleted if it wont let you get rid of the box

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Apr 2008 11:33

You have to start at the 'end', i.e. the one born last, and work backwards, deleting one at a time.

This may mean deleting people who you wish to keep in your tree..............make a note of the details, then you can re-instate them later.......

Julie

Julie Report 27 Apr 2008 11:35

I thought as much : (
Perhaps it will teach me to be more accurate in future !!!

Ice Maiden

Ice Maiden Report 27 Apr 2008 11:59

Julie I did the same thing a few months ago. I emailed GR and explained what had happened and who the correct people should be and they sorted it out for me within a few days. Regards Lynette xx