Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family mystery - where to go next??

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 27 Apr 2008 23:04

I'm pretty new to this so here's hoping someone can help me.
With the help of two other kind GR members, I've found that my great auntie Millicent/Milly Fitchett, born 1902, who married John Treeby in 1925, had a son Trevor Treeby in 1929 (registered in Lambeth, London Oct - Dec 1929). My mum has always been in contact with Milly's other two children born before 1929 (both now have died), however a third child has never been mentioned. I can't find any record of Trevor's death on free bmd between 1930 -1983 & one of the helpful GR folk has checked for a death registered beween 1984 - 2006, and there isn't one. He's also checked the 2002 & 2008 electoral rolls with no joy. At the time he was born Milly may not have been with John Treeby, so Trevor could have been adopted & changed his name. Her first son was born illegitimate and was brought up by his Aunt for five years. I did wonder if another member of the family took Trevor in, but can't find an obvious candidate. I suppose the other option is emigration. In any event it's a mystery and I don't know where to turn next. I'd appreciate any words of wisdom, many thanks

Sam

Sam Report 27 Apr 2008 23:08

FreeBMD doesn't cover 1930-1984 so even if he did die, you won't find him on there. You would need to check the FULL indexes, quarter by quarter, year by year. These are available on pay-per-view websites, like Ancestry or Find my Past.

Sam x

Smiley

Smiley Report 27 Apr 2008 23:10

Hi there, my mother-in-law was born in that month & year as is alive & kicking, living up the road in fact, so Trevor could well still be with us, he could have also opted out of the public electoral roll. Did you check for a marriage?
Regards
Sam

I don't know about anyone else but I cannot view Treeby deaths dec q 1929 or any 1930/1931 on Ancestry