Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

find my past or ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

***Libra Lady***

***Libra Lady*** Report 28 Apr 2008 09:01

Can some of you experts please help. Which would you say the better site was find my past or ancestry.

Gonna get a subscription but not too sure which one.

What would you recommend

Thanks

Linda G

Linda G Report 28 Apr 2008 09:09

I am lucky enough to have both and use them fairly equally...but if I could only have one I would choose Ancestry.

If you want a look up done on Find My Past just ask and I am sure one of us will have a search for you

Good Luck

Linda

***Libra Lady***

***Libra Lady*** Report 28 Apr 2008 09:11

Thanks Linda.

Will bear that in mind

Michelle

Michelle Report 28 Apr 2008 09:34

What are the differences between the two sites? I've have ancestry and findmypast looks almost exactly the same

Lesley\Suzanne

Lesley\Suzanne Report 28 Apr 2008 10:02

Find my past does more logical searches. You can also search by address more easily.

The only thing that they don't have (at the moment and it's coming by the end of the year) is the 1851 and 1901 UK census.

***Libra Lady***

***Libra Lady*** Report 28 Apr 2008 10:58

Thanks Lesley/Suzanne

I think that was my main confusion - what the difference was.

Michelle

Michelle Report 28 Apr 2008 12:36

Thanks

Heather

Heather Report 28 Apr 2008 12:38

This comes up nearly every week. You can do a search on the boards but basically ancestry wins hands down.

Why dont you take the 14 days free trial and you can then see how brilliant it is.