Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

parish records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

royal rose

royal rose Report 28 Apr 2008 13:27

can anyone tell me what info is on a parish record I have a marr. in1825 would it tell me where the person was born and who the parents where.Also were do I view parish records

Kay????

Kay???? Report 28 Apr 2008 14:57

Its hit and miss with PR,,,,,some can give such as,,,,,,,,,Son of John,,,,,,,,or just groom&brides name and date,,some can be more detailed,,,,,,

Usually PR will be at a local Library on film or Fiche .or Record Office/Archive ,,,or lots of area family history societies have them,

The IGI can be used also which is online,,,,,at,
*FamilySearch.org*again hit and miss,,,,,,,,,and should not be used as concrete evidence,,,,,,,,,always seek the actual entry from the PR's

PR wont tell you where they were born...but often have --of this parish,,but that doesnt confirm they were born there only they lived there,

Hope this has helped,

royal rose

royal rose Report 28 Apr 2008 15:12

thanks Kay will try library frist

Kay????

Kay???? Report 28 Apr 2008 15:16

If you live outside the area youre looking for then a local library near to you wont have that PR say an area or county only local ones,,,same applies to PRecord Offices,,

royal rose

royal rose Report 28 Apr 2008 16:19

thanks Kay live in same twon