Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Is it just me?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 29 Apr 2008 00:48

Or are some people just incredibly rude?
In the last week I have sent files to five people who wanted some help with their family tree. On average each received six pages of (if I say it myself) carefully researched branches.

So far, not one word of thanks!!

Peter

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 29 Apr 2008 01:11

Peter

Your not alone!

I tell them a certificate costs £7.....a thankyou costs nothing!

I have given hard reaseach to some, only to find out later that the thread has been deleted!...no 'thankyou' kis my ar*e...nothing!

Only today i did loads of research on one before going to work....came home tonight and checked for a response only to find the thread had been deleted!...

...I say yes they are RUDE!

Gerri x

feralcat

feralcat Report 29 Apr 2008 01:53

Ahh, but the ones that ARE appreciative really make up for the many ignorant b******s who don't give a jot, eh?

Here's to kissin' your ****, Gerri. ;-)

feralcat

Iain001

Iain001 Report 29 Apr 2008 02:05

Nope, it's not just you Peter. Unfortunately some poeple really are beyond help. I guess you can only hope that what goes around comes around and one day hits em right where it hurts.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 29 Apr 2008 08:10

If this happens I usually send a polite follow up message asking if they received my attachments and how they are getting on. On a number of occasions they hadn't - as the attachment had been caught by their spam filter, and the had not realised this.

On one other occasion, the member was so pleased to have received the info and had spent days looking through it and it completely slipped her mind and she apologised profusely.