Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WW 1-2

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Looby

Looby Report 29 Apr 2008 15:02

I have been told that my father served in India how would I find out if this was so. My father died in 1954 and before his death he had been a war office messenger.

Thank you Looby

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 Apr 2008 15:05

When was he born?

Kay????

Kay???? Report 29 Apr 2008 15:08

As a son/daughter with proof you can apply for copies of his service records,which WW2 are sill held with the relevant MOD>

Looby

Looby Report 29 Apr 2008 15:09

Hi Reggie thanks for getting back he was born in 1894, I was just six when he died.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 Apr 2008 15:13

Have you looked for possible records on Ancestry? He would have been old enough for WW1.....that was the reason for my question about his birth year...........

Looby

Looby Report 29 Apr 2008 15:15

I am not on Ancestry,

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 Apr 2008 16:42

What was his name? Where was he born? I'll have a look - if you wish.

Reg

Looby

Looby Report 29 Apr 2008 16:59

Thanks Reg someone has already found him for me and sent the info, but I dont seem to be able to get my emails the only way I knew she had emailed me was that I saw I has a new message at the top of this page.
Many thanks for your help and all you do.

Looby

Diane

Diane Report 29 Apr 2008 19:12

Have you received it yet?

Libby

Looby

Looby Report 29 Apr 2008 20:36

Hi Libby, no not yet have not had any emails today so have had the computer off for a couple of hours and I think they may be coming in now will let you know as soon as, Many thanks

Looby