Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any Suggestion's PLEASE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kaz in kent

kaz in kent Report 5 May 2008 10:10

I am searching for my husband's gt grandmother, her name is Lylie
Ellen Tanner have searched for her birth 1888 in both Ancestry and Free BMD with no success i have her marriage certificate dated 13/11/1911 aged 23 to Robert J L Chubb in Southwalk London and found her death in 1973 Camberwell all using her name Lylie Ellen even though she was known as Violet. Her father's name was Arthur from the marriage certificate have searched all the relivant census for her also with no success . Any suggestions what to do now ?
Karen

Julie

Julie Report 5 May 2008 10:12

Kaz

Did you know that Lylie is a Gypsy name

kaz in kent

kaz in kent Report 5 May 2008 10:15

No i didnt , dont think she was a gypsy but maybe she was as i cant find her on the census ?
Kaz

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 May 2008 10:15

What was her father's occupation?

Who were the witnesses to the marriage?

kaz in kent

kaz in kent Report 5 May 2008 10:22

Hi Reggie
Her father was a Labourer and the witness's were
Frederick and Charlotte Jane Moulder as far as we
know they are nothing to do with the family
Kaz

maryjane-sue

maryjane-sue Report 5 May 2008 10:42

Possibly lied about father's name? Or was adopted by him by marriage?

Name: Lily Ellen A Beales
Year of Registration: 1889
Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar
District: Camberwell (1837-1919)
County: London, Surrey
Volume: 1d
Page: 907

kaz in kent

kaz in kent Report 5 May 2008 10:45

Thanks but dont think thats her she used Lylie Ellen on all official documents maybe be there's an Irish link ?
Kaz

Jim The Ferret

Jim The Ferret Report 5 May 2008 10:47

What was Arthur's wife's name? Sarah?

Jim

kaz in kent

kaz in kent Report 5 May 2008 10:56

Dont know mothers name only have fathers name from the marriage certificate and cant find them on the census
Kaz

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 5 May 2008 11:00

Could have lied about her age or her name. My grandfather had all official documents in the name of James Arthur. He was James Auguste. His father was called Elphege but went by the name of Alfred.

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 5 May 2008 11:08

Is there an address on the marriage cert? If there is you could pay out for a copy of the 1911 census, it depends on how desperate you are

kaz in kent

kaz in kent Report 5 May 2008 11:55

Hi Clair
Yes the address is Townsend road or place cant quite make it out but she married in 1911 and was
living with he future husband at the time .
Kaz

kaz in kent

kaz in kent Report 5 May 2008 12:55

Thank you to everyone who helped and gave some interesting suggestions i will keep trying.
Kaz