Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tree Not Saving Properly

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

KerryF

KerryF Report 6 May 2008 20:37

Hi

I've tried to find an answer to this elsewhere and am failing misreably, which is unfortunate as it's driving me insane!

Everytime I add a new relative to my tree and click save (doesn't matter which save button I use - I've tried them all!) it says 'saving details....' then it finishes and it looks okay, but when I click on another relative I then get a pop up window saying 'you have made changes to such and such a relative, click ok to save them now or click cancel', so I click 'ok', wait patiently for the 'saving details....' to finish again and then it takes me to the other relative.

HOWEVER, if I go back to the one I just saved changes on they're not showing! This is totally annoying as I'm trying to add a lot of new relatives and it's not working the way it has before.

I've never had this problem before but haven't been on the site for a while. Is there any known reason for this happening or does anyone know what I can do to avoid it?

Thanks for your help

KerryF

KerryF Report 7 May 2008 14:48

Thanks Elva - will do :)