Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Carpenter to Cheesemonger????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda G

Linda G Report 7 May 2008 09:16

Just got the death certificate of my GGGGrandfather.

One every census and certificate he is a carpenter, as were his two sons. His death cert.... carpenter.

On GGGGrandma's death certificate he's turned into a cheesemonger.

I know it's the correct one because they were at the same address for 30 years. Their daughter was the informant so she would have know the difference!

Moral......don't believe all you read lol

Linda

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 7 May 2008 14:22

Couldn't he have been both - perhaps he had two businesses?

K

K Report 7 May 2008 19:54

My grandfather was a carpenter for many years but gradually his shop as a fish and poultry dealer/fruiterer and florist took over.

On day trips as a child my father would point out buildings or bridges that my grandfather helped build and I still think of him as a carpenter

Sue in Somerset

Sue in Somerset Report 8 May 2008 01:00

My great grandfather went from being a tailor to being an artist.

Another ancestor was originally a sawyer and became a publican.

Sue