Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I'm really really Stuck on this one...Please help.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracey

Tracey Report 10 May 2008 00:35

Hi everyone...

Right, in my search i have come to a brick wall and don't know what to do next... so please advice me...

I have be looking for a marriage for Thomas frith and Elizabeth Sands in 1792... which i found for the 10th April 1792... But my problem is that i also found another marriage in the same parish for a Thomas Frith and a Elizabeth King married on 24 Dec 1792,,, HOW DO I CONFIRM WHICH COUPLE BELONGS TO MY TREE?

In my searching with this parish i also found births of children all listed with parents Thomas and Elizabeth Frith...
12 May 1793- Mary Ann Frith
2 Aug 1795- Thomas Frith
16 Apr 1797- John Frith
15 Aug 1799- Sarah Frith
13 Oct 1799- William Frith
2 May 1802- Elizabeth Frith
18 Jul 1802- Elizabeth Frith
15 Apr 1804- James Frith
21 May 1804- Rosanna Frith
24 Aug 1806- Sarah Frith
31 Aug 1806- Charlotte Frith
17 Jul 1808- Charles frith
17 Jun 1810- George Frith
12 Apr 1812- Eliza Frith

I realise that some are with one couple and some with the other... But HOW DO I SEPARATE THESE CHILDREN TOO WHAT COUPLE??? Also again confirm Which couple are my line???

Please help me...
Tracey Jarvis

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 10 May 2008 00:55

Tracey Sadly it's almost impossible

Tracey

Tracey Report 10 May 2008 01:06

Oh ok... i half expected that answer, which is one that i didn't want to hear... but never mind... lol

Thanks
Tracey
P.S. off too bed now... will check threads tomorrow

Huia

Huia Report 10 May 2008 08:06

Also, if the fathers have different occupations you can separate the families. The baptism in the parish records should have occupation of father. Unfortunately I doubt if you would find the parents on the 1851 census. Or even the 1841. But if you can sort out which children belong to which family then you might find some of the children on the censuses. Some of the sons might have the same occupation as the fathers.
Huia.