Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Electoral Registers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jayne

Jayne Report 16 May 2008 22:33

Can any tell a thickie like me if it is possible to access old electoral registers online. I'm trying to track down my half sister whom I have never met and thought this may be helpful. I have traced quite a bit of my family tree but have never before tried ti trace a living rellie.
thanks in advance
Jayne

Sam

Sam Report 16 May 2008 22:36

Electoral registers for the last 5 years or so are online, before that they aren't.

Sam x

Heather

Heather Report 16 May 2008 23:50

Have a look on 192.com - its free to search but you have to pay to view the full details - worth it if you can find someone that important to you.

Jayne

Jayne Report 18 May 2008 16:44

Thanks Sam, sorry I did get back earlier. Jayne

Jayne

Jayne Report 18 May 2008 16:47

Hi Heather, I will lookup on 192.com. I had a look at the site and think it will provide useful info. sorry did get back to you yesterday, it was my birthday so a family day and I had to stay off the computer. Severe withdrawal symptoms by bedtime! Jayne

Jayne

Jayne Report 18 May 2008 16:48

Hi Heather, I will lookup on 192.com. I had a look at the site and think it will provide useful info. sorry did get back to you yesterday, it was my birthday so a family day and I had to stay off the computer. Severe withdrawal symptoms by bedtime! Jayne

Eileen

Eileen Report 19 May 2008 00:15

Jayne,my problem too - I really wish one could get the old rolls on line. I have been told that the only thing to do is to contact the local library for the area you want to check out. Or also possibly the County Records Office. Just ask them which records they hold as not all have everything, and areas differ in the past because of boundary changes.
Its very frustrating..........I am looking for my full sister, we were adopted to different families. I know her birth name and date of birth, I traced and knew our birth mother and lots of 'halves' also know about our birth father..........but no matter how many times I put her details on these boards, and many others, I've never found her - She may not know she is adopted, in which case she won't be looking.
In your case your half sister may have married then 192 would be no use at all.
------------0-----------

Still looking for my full sister
birth name Jennifer Ann
born 22nd September 1945 in Woking Maternity Hospital, our mother Muriel Ethel M........... lived in Bisley.

-----------0-----------
good luck
Eileen
birth name