Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 Census for Belfast Antrim!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 18 May 2008 20:42

Anyone know where/how you can get access to the 1901 census for Belfast Antrim?

Betty

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 19 May 2008 07:53

nudge

AndreaFromYorkshire

AndreaFromYorkshire Report 19 May 2008 09:07

Try this one

http://www.censusfinder.com/ireland.htm

Good luck
AC

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 19 May 2008 12:03

Hi AC,

Thanks for the link but I am sure I tried that one before but there wasn't any 1901 census for Belfast maybe I'm needing new glasses.
Appreciate your help!!

Betty

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 19 May 2008 15:30

Not on Census finder either!!

Betty

Treetective

Treetective Report 19 May 2008 15:55

Not available online , yet. Can order films at local family history centres (Mormon), but need to know which to order. Can view in person at PRONI in Belfast or some Northern Ireland libraries.

Keep a watch on this site for future online availability:

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/about/futureplans.html

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 19 May 2008 17:17

Thanks My Genes,
Will keep that in mind, thanks for your help!!

Hi INis,

Sorry I just saw your post!! I did try that website A B C D E but as there name was Carney but the spelling in Belfast was Kearney they are not on it.

I also did try Belfast Family History too!!

I just can't find this family anywhere, previous address was North Street in Belfast. Prior to that Divis Street.

Really appreciate your help though.!!!

Betty

Margaret

Margaret Report 5 Jul 2008 23:43

Hi
I just saw your post you could try for
Antrim/Ballymena
N.E. Library & Local Studies Demesne Ave
Ballymena Antrim Bt45 7BG
Tel [ 01266] 6641212
hope this helps
Megs

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 5 Jul 2008 23:56

Hi Megs,

Do you mean just get in touch with them by phone to check the 1901 census? Or what do you have to do?

Betty

Margaret

Margaret Report 6 Jul 2008 19:32

Hi
You can go to it and go to reference part or phone them up and ask to be put through to search room or referance room as I did a few months ago

Megs

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 6 Jul 2008 19:43

Thanks Megs,

Do you just give them the details of who you are looking for in the 1901 census. Or give them the address etc as well.

I can't go to Ireland!!

Betty

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 6 Jul 2008 19:52

Thanks Megs,

Will give the a try, willing to try anything at all really, appreciate your help.

Betty

Margaret

Margaret Report 6 Jul 2008 19:52

Betty Boo

Just explain were you live to the library referance room and give all the details you have they may ask for your Tel number or to phone them back
Megs

Margaret

Margaret Report 6 Jul 2008 20:09

Betty
You could look up the
Belfast Central Library
Royal Ave
Belfast 1 for there Tel number and just do the same as other library
If you want the mormons in Belfast
Tel [ 02890] 768250
or write to them @
401 Hollywood Road
Belfast BT4 2GU
Megs

FRANK06

FRANK06 Report 7 Jul 2008 08:29

Hi Betty Boo,

I thought you had given up on this lot.

It's just like alcoholics anonymous on here.

My name is Betty . I am a genealogist and I am not going near that computer or Genes Reunited again because I cannot find that Irish connection but well, maybe just one more try. It can't hurt, can it....

Frank

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 7 Jul 2008 10:37

Hi Frank,

I know, I know!! what can you do? However I am not searching them in the UK census anymore although I know they maybe came to England or Scotland at some time. I am just trying to find out if they were in Ireland in the 1901 census there.

I have when the were born and when they married, I even have their deaths but can I find them anywhere NO!!

Betty

Liz008

Liz008 Report 29 Jan 2009 21:54

The 1911 census for County Antrim including Belfast is now available free online. Look up national archives of ireland.

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 29 Jan 2009 22:12

Hi Carole,

You are not going to believe this but since this this thread was posted I have found my Carney family in Scotland on the 1901 census however my grandmother and her sister are not with the rest of the family, can't find them anywhere.
The next thing is my grandmother Mary Carney married in Dundee in 1903 and her sister Catherine Carney married in Dundee in 1906. Where were they in the 1901 then? there is a BIG BLACK HOLE where all these missing people are, we just have to find it.

Betty