Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Find my past lookup please - or ancestry expert

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 22 May 2008 08:07

If I do a search for Elizabeth Priest b 1860 Camberwell she comes up in ancestry 1861 at the top of the list, together with father Thomas and other family members. For some strange reason they are all there twice!
If I look at the image it comes up with the wrong page.
According to the bottom of the record it should be RG9 P 380 F50 page 1 .

Any ideas?????? - I desperately need the details, especially father's age and the address.

Thanks

Peter

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 22 May 2008 08:12

Peter try changing your thread title to read "Find My Past Lookup Please" them someone with that facility will look it up for you

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 22 May 2008 10:44

That's the one Susan - but I can'tr get the original image to come up - so how do I get the address and occupation???

P

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 22 May 2008 11:32

Thanks. As I am in New Zealand I am about to go to bed. What I am trying to do is find the address of the father of Ann Maria Priest who married John Francis Reed on 13 Aug 1891. Her address given as 55 Russell St, Brixton Road. Her age 30 and father Thomas James Priest, deceased station master.

Free BMD gives Elizabeth and Maria (twins??) b Dec Q 1860 Camberwell.

Ann M and John Reed are in Croydon 1901 with her place of birth Camberwell.....seems to fit, but I need Thomas'details off the 1861.

Back in a few hours!!

Peter

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 22 May 2008 11:52

Thanks Alice - that looks like the 1841 - I need the Thomas aged 11 in that one in the 1861 census when he shows as 33 (if you see what I mean). The one you have found is his father...

Can't find them at all in 71 either!!

P

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 26 May 2008 04:52

Yes thanks - I think I have now sorted the problem - the 1901 gave me her place of birth - from that I foubd a death in 1861 for Thomas James Priest and it all sort of fitted.....

Peter