Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ancestry help needed please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tinkers

tinkers Report 23 May 2008 10:33

my subscription runs out next tuesday and i got the reminder email telling me it runs out, the emails tells me how to cancel my subs by going into my account and follow the instructions

what i would like to no is if i cancel my subs now will will it cancel as from now or will it cancel on tuesday

many thanx

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 23 May 2008 10:42

Why not give them a ring? 0800 345 7924

They may give you a deal to persuade you to stay

Sue C

Sue C Report 23 May 2008 10:50

If you decide not to ring them, but to cancel, your subscription will not run out until next Tuesday.

tinkers

tinkers Report 23 May 2008 10:50

thanx for ur reply clair ill giv them a call in the email they sent they told me another years subs will cost me £55.96 but i am strap for cash at the minute so i cant afford it shame though cos it is a handy thing to have

tinkers

tinkers Report 23 May 2008 10:51

thanx sue

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 23 May 2008 11:20

You know we will always help you if you do decide to cancel. Hopefully one day it will be free !

juma

juma Report 23 May 2008 13:37

Mine runs out today but my renewal is £69. Had Ancestry for 3 years now

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 23 May 2008 13:48

I have been notified that my subscription to ancestry runs out on June the 4th been a member for 3 years

Cost £79.95
Others quoting £55-96 and £69-00
Does anyone know why such a variation in cost, do you have te resort to canncelling and wait for them to give you an offer, just cant understand the logic.

One further question if anyone has the answer, if i cancel does all my tree and info dissapear.

You help will be much appreciated.

George

tinkers

tinkers Report 23 May 2008 14:04

i first paid for my subs about 3 years ago and paid 55-96 i didnt renew the 2nd year and paid 55-96 this last year but i cant afford to renew just yet

Heather

Heather Report 23 May 2008 16:31

When Ive cancelled in the past Ive be able to carry on using the site for at least 2 weeks after my sub date ran out :)

George, your tree wont disappear, it will stay on ancestry but you should have it in more than one place for your own peace of mind. Buy a FTM2006 program which you can back up to cd and to interent storage and make your own free home page - then you have it in several places should the worse happen.

George_of_Westbury

George_of_Westbury Report 23 May 2008 16:40

Hello Heather

Many thanks for your reply, just wanted to know about the tree.I dont really want to cancel i find it so useful.
I do have FTM so im ok in that respect,but thanks for the advice. but i will cancel now just to see if i get a better offer from them, its a bit like GR with their multiple subs, seems unfair to me.

Many thanks George