Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

records in australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracey

Tracey Report 27 May 2008 05:10

I have just started the exciting adventure of tracing my family tree. I have hit a snag I tried to find a tip relating and was unable to. I am starting with my immediate family who were based in Australia. Could someone please tell me how do I go about checking on google for births marriages etc. I'm a newbie so please forgive me. tk

Sarah Lee

Sarah Lee Report 27 May 2008 05:39

Hi Tracey

From what I understand, it depends upon which State you are looking at. The following is a website that I use that has links to each of the States for BDM

http://www.aftc.com.au/Links/BDMs.html

Hope it helps. Also, Tony from Oz (a member on GR) has lots of handy tips for tracking family in Australia.

Regards

Sarah

Tracey

Tracey Report 27 May 2008 05:46

Thanks Sarah Lee,
I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to me.
Kind Regards
Tracey Kells

Kerri

Kerri Report 27 May 2008 07:57

Hi Tracey
Can I help? I have CDs of VIC & SA BMDs plus info on some other States.
Kerri

Tracey

Tracey Report 27 May 2008 09:40

Hi I'm from Victoria as is the majority of my family Kells and Woods (my fathers side) all Victoria based. Moore, Walker (my mothers side) also based in Victoria, and Fraser from my father's mother's side were born in NSW leter moving to Victoria. Thank you for responding to me I really appreciate it.

TonyOz

TonyOz Report 27 May 2008 10:24

Hi Tracey. I'm also in Victoria ( Melbourne )

Best wishes with your future research.
I also was once a newbie to F.H... like many others here, although that was some 35 years ago now, but i'm still learning new things every day ...lol
Dont be afraid to ask questions, as there are some very knowledgeable people on this site...here in Oz and in the U.K... that will help you when your stuck.

We are all here to guide and help each other.

Best wishes, and happy hunting.

Tony Oz....:>))