Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adding a 2nd Husband?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 27 May 2008 11:32

How do you add another husband to a tree when the 1st dies?

I have a lady who had 3 children with one husband then married another after his death.
How do I put this on my tree?

Any tips?
Thanks.

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 27 May 2008 11:38

Hi Angela

If you have the Family Tree Maker programme, highlight the name of the mother/father in the family view and go to people (on the top bar) and then into spouse. From there you can create another spouse.

Not sure on Genes cos I manage my tree on FTM.

Hope this helps

Marilyn

Angela

Angela Report 27 May 2008 11:44

I have my tree on GR, but thanks for replying.
Angi

Sam

Sam Report 27 May 2008 11:46

Select the lady in question and then just click 'add partner', in the same way that you would if it was her first husband.

Sam x

Angela

Angela Report 27 May 2008 12:02

Thanks!!

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 27 May 2008 22:50

Anglea, click on the wife and then add partner, hope this helps,
Jackie

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 28 May 2008 13:43

As I mentioned on another thread, don't add partner for the first one, otherwise you will end up with two, only for the second and subsequent one.