Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family from Bordeaux, France

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Andy

Andy Report 28 May 2008 13:48

Hi!

I have got back as far as my great great grandfather James Baudrey ( also spelt bauldrey/boudrey!) who was born around 1844.

There is a good chance he was actually born in Bordeaux, France and came over with his father and possibly brothers (1 possibly called George) and sisters not long after that, possibly after his father murdered his wife, but we are not sure!

Please can anyone let me know if there are any online sites i can search for him or if there is anywhere i can write to to get help over in Bordeaux, or any other advice would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks for your help!

Andy