Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birth certificate info

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 2 Jun 2008 17:11

I am unable to find the birth of a Sadie Wilson. She was born 1924/1927, possibly in the Islington area of London. Her mother, I think, was called Barnes.

Sadie married an American and went to the States in 1946.

Can I assume !!! that she had to have a valid birth cert to be allowed to marry an American soldier and to go to the States to live???

Kathlyn

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 2 Jun 2008 17:31

Have you ruled out the one's on your previous thread?

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.asp?wci=thread&tk=1046126

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 2 Jun 2008 18:04

Hi Jill,

Many thanks for your interest in my problem.

I have spoken to my friend, who I am doing this research for, and she is sure that Sadie`s mother was married at the time of the birth.

My friend, who`s aunt Sadie was, only knows that there were three daughters, her mum being one of them, and that they were all put into orphanages when the mother died in 1931.

I must see if my friend knows anything about her grandfather, (the childrens father), because if the children were put into care, I would have thought that he was dead as well!!!

Thakns for your interst Jill, should you need to reply to this I would very much appreciate a pm as I must log off now.

Thanks

Kathlyn

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Jun 2008 18:30

has your friend got her mums birth cert that may hold a clue. Sometimes what we think we know may not be the whole truth.The children may have been put in a home because the mum was unmarried.

I have had a look and cant see a Sadie Wilson

Kay????

Kay???? Report 2 Jun 2008 18:34

Irish famlies called Sarah/Shelagha --- -Sadie,

if it was known the American she married she maybe is on the Findmypast imrgration,,,

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Jun 2008 19:23

What were the names of the other girls?

kay

kay Report 2 Jun 2008 19:34

Dont assume that the father was dead,just because the children were put into a home.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 2 Jun 2008 19:38

Oct/Dec

4a-251.

West Ham,

Rosie L Wilson,

mnn--Barnes,

any connection.?