Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help please on renewing membership

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maureen

Maureen Report 4 Jun 2008 11:43

Just tried to renew my full membership which runs out tomorrow but it comes up with standerd membership £9.95 for a year then says thats just for a month to send messages, veiw trees and post tips on comminity boards,dont understand why it says standerd membership when last year it said full member.
Regards Maureen.

Maureen

Maureen Report 4 Jun 2008 12:07

Island,
thank you for your reply like you I was confused by the month bit very misleading,will now renew for the year.
Once again thank you for your help.
Regards Maureen

Thelma

Thelma Report 4 Jun 2008 12:12

I cannot access my renewal but here is a similar statement from my guest membership;

Only £9.95 for 6 months
That's just £1.66 a month to send messages, view trees, share photos and post tips on the community boards

Willsy once more

Willsy once more Report 4 Jun 2008 12:51

Am trying to renew and genes still haven't answered my earlier email. They can't renew using my continuous membership and neither can I !!!

I still have the same card, has anyone else had a problem with a debit card?

Elaine

michael2

michael2 Report 4 Jun 2008 21:26

hi re membership i have just renewed mine they charged £9.95 for six months when last year it was for one year i dont think they know what they are doing or are they just ripping us off i dont think i will renew when it runs out i dont think it is worth it as you still have to buy credits to view records . michael

an_angel_on_a_mission

an_angel_on_a_mission Report 4 Jun 2008 21:46

I don't understand either.
I renewed at £9.95 for 6 mths on standard.
My husband has been offered either the standard or gold membership. Why wasn't i offered the gold :(

ChristineinPortugal

ChristineinPortugal Report 4 Jun 2008 23:09

Michael,

If you had membership for a year last time and have renewed within 4 weeks of it running out then you should have another 12months.

Email them and complain and they should refund you.

Christine

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 4 Jun 2008 23:38

Those of you who joined from February 2007 onward you will getting 6 months for £9.95, the rest will get 12 months for £9.95 unless they failed to renew quick enough

robertpplane

robertpplane Report 5 Jun 2008 04:35

Basically GR are like every other genealogy pay site: they recognise they are onto an easy money earner for doing very little and are cashing in - BIG time.

I will not be renewing.

Carol 430181

Carol 430181 Report 5 Jun 2008 09:54

Barry,
I had the same problem in May, and was unable to find where to update details, was worried as I was going on holiday, but luckily about 3 weeks before it was due I had a reminder, and I was able to renew £9.95. for a year, using a new card.
Carol

michael2

michael2 Report 5 Jun 2008 10:13

hi christine inportugal thank you for your reply i had a automatic renewl so the should have given me 12 mths but did not .so i dont think thatthey are playing fair by its members.michael