Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Certificate charges for an Aussie.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jay

Jay Report 5 Jun 2008 11:15

I`ve just had an email from a contact in Australia who tells me that she`s ordered three certificates and they`ve cost £23 each.
I know postal charges have gone up but this seems ridiculous as the work ionvolved in producing the certificate is the same.
Is this amount correct?

Jay.

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 5 Jun 2008 11:18

Are you talking about English certs?

If ordered from GRO they are £7 and no extra charge for sending to Australia as far as I am aware.

Jay

Jay Report 5 Jun 2008 11:22

Hi Glitter Baby,
Yes, it`s English certificates.

Jay

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 5 Jun 2008 11:23

Just had a look at the FAQ's

Q23. How will my certificate(s) be delivered?

Your certificate(s) will be despatched by post. For customers overseas, airmail postage is included in the fees quoted. By law, information supplied by the General Register Office can only be given in the form of a certificate - which is why we are unable to e-mail or fax the details to you.

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

Only use this site for English certs.

Too many rip off merchants around

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 5 Jun 2008 11:26

I agree with Glitterbaby.
I'm sure I've seen mention on here that Deb who does lookups and others in Australia have bought many certs. at £7 or very little more.

Gwyn

Jay

Jay Report 5 Jun 2008 11:31

Thanks Glitter Baby . I`ll email her to find out if perhaps she`s got caught by one of these sites.
Thanks for the reassurance that they are still £7 through the GRO. It looks like it`s too easy to get caught by the get rich quick merchants if you`re not careful.
Jay

Jay

Jay Report 5 Jun 2008 11:32

Thanks Gwyn.
Jay