Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What is this illness

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 9 Jun 2008 20:33

Today I received the death certificate for my gggrandmother, but I can't work out what it says she died from. It says something like '1a beubio vascular digeneration' Does anyone have any idea what this means? I have tried googling it, and have managed to get what the last part means, but the first isn't showing any results. Please help if you can

Keeley.

Christine

Christine Report 9 Jun 2008 20:52

Thank you Alice, a really useful site, though not in this instance, still no luck :(

Jane

Jane Report 9 Jun 2008 21:06

Sounds likeAeschemic Heart Disease .?clogged arteries.

Sisterbee

Sisterbee Report 9 Jun 2008 23:58

Maybe 'cerebro' vascular degeneration? That means a stroke in layman's terms.

CC

JMW

JMW Report 10 Jun 2008 08:47

It is going to be either 'cardiovascular degeneration' (most likely) or 'cerebrovascular degeneration'
1 a means Disease or condition directly laeding to death and will appear as 1 a regardless of it being the only listed cause.

*Rosie*

*Rosie* Report 10 Jun 2008 20:57

Cerebral (or cerebro) vascular degeneration or disease just means a general deterioration in the blood supply to the brain probably causing symptoms like dementia. A stroke should be CVA which stands for cerebrovascular accident & sometimes only affects one particular area of the brain. 1a is the primary cause of death - there can also be 1b,1c and 2 etc depending on other contributing causes.

Susan

Susan Report 10 Jun 2008 21:27

i wonder if the first part could be intended to be bubo or buboes as in a swellingof the lymph nodes. the most famous cause of these was bubonic plague but there are many causes.

LouT

LouT Report 11 Jun 2008 14:31

Beubio could this be anything to do with the word bubonic (like the plague) i know its the wrong era but there could be some kind of link?
(Long shot i know)
Lou x

LouT

LouT Report 11 Jun 2008 14:33

i was just reading that the bacteria of the bubonic plague still exists and although its rare in 2002 2 people in new york were treated for it. Maybe there is a link.
Lou x

mgnv

mgnv Report 12 Jun 2008 05:17

Plague is endic in the SW USA, with about a dozen cases p.a., incl a couple of fatalities p.a.. Worldwide, there are abt 2000 cases p.a.. Plague is very curable if treated early, but untreated, the fatality rate is abt 60%.
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvbid/plague/index.htm

However, I can't see of anyway of prefacing "vascular degeneration" with some bubo-rooted word that makes any sense - my guess would be cardio

Jane

Jane Report 12 Jun 2008 17:04

the bubo is bubonic plague actually refers to the black swelling in the lymph nodes it may be he had leg ulcers that turned gangrenous