Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

please help!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Arana

Arana Report 12 Jun 2008 10:04

Hello everyone,
I am having problems tracking
Lawrence Bannister D.o.b 1895 son of Edward and Jane born in st pancras, I have found him on 1901 census but can not find him after that in death or marriage. Does anyone have any hints or tips of where else I should be looking or any ideas on name varients.
Any help would be really welcome
thanks arana

Langdon Lass

Langdon Lass Report 12 Jun 2008 10:09

this could be a possible marriage - (perhaps he moved away from London)

Marriages Mar 1916
Bannister Lawrence Callaghan
Sheffield 9c 958

Arana

Arana Report 12 Jun 2008 10:13

Hi,
I did see that one ,but wasn,t sure about it because of the area. How would I go about finding if he was born in london, would the only way be to order the cert? Or wait for the next census to see if he and the family moved perhaps? arana

Sam

Sam Report 12 Jun 2008 10:18

A marriage cert won't tell you where he was born, you would have to ask them to check that the father's name/occupation matched.

Sam x

Langdon Lass

Langdon Lass Report 12 Jun 2008 10:31

I wonder if this could be your Lawrence?

British Army WWI Medal Rolls Index Cards, 1914-1920
about Lawrence Bannister
Name: Lawrence Bannister
Regiment or Corps: Machine Gun Corps, Labour Corps, Royal Fusiliers
Regimental number: 89811, 610678, GS/104820

LL

Arana

Arana Report 12 Jun 2008 10:40

thank you so much for your help, i will look at the army one i didn,t think of that although i did look before but it was for another elusive bannister! I will also look into asking the gro to check for me
thank you again arana