Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Henry from Hertfordshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynn

Lynn Report 13 Jun 2008 15:57

Could anyone please help me i have come to a full stop, i am chasing a Henry Carter born 1750 married in Hertfordshire, Married Rebecca, had eight children all born in Hertfordshire,
Cannot find anything about him
Please help
Thanks
Lynn

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 13 Jun 2008 16:03

Where in Herts??? Where have you got this info from????

Lynn

Lynn Report 13 Jun 2008 16:05

The rest of the family came from Hertford in Hertfordshire thats about all i know, sorry i am not much help
Lynn

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 13 Jun 2008 16:23

From what I can see the records are submitted and therefore not to be trusted. You need to find the a LDS library and check the sources

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HENRY CARTER Pedigree
Male Family

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening:
Death:
Burial:

Marriages:
Spouse: REBECCA BAKER Family
Marriage: 13 MAR 1771 St Andrews, Hertford, Hertford, England

Form submitted by a member of the LDS Church. The form lists the submitter's name and address and may include source information. The address may be outdated. Details vary. To find the form, you must know the batch and sheet number.

Source Information:

Lynn

Lynn Report 13 Jun 2008 16:25

Thanks for your help Lyndsey i will have to visit a library
Lynn

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 13 Jun 2008 16:42

The marriage is also on BVRI which is extracted from parish records so quite reliable. Unfortunately this one doesn't give fathers' names.

CARTER, Henry Marriage
Wife: Rebekah BAKER
Marriage Date: 30 Mar 1771 Recorded in: Hertford, Hertfordshire, England
Collection: St Andrews
Source: FHL Film 1042053 Dates: 1755 - 1812 Note: Additional Data in Original Record

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 13 Jun 2008 16:50

Possible Rebecca?

BAKER, Rebecca Christening
Christening Date: 4 Jul 1744 Recorded in: Hertford, Hertfordshire, England
Collection: St Andrews
Father: John BAKER
Mother: Elizabeth
Source: FHL Film 991381 Dates: 1695 - 1812

Lynn

Lynn Report 14 Jun 2008 17:05

thanks Margaret i have something to go on thanks for the help
Lynn

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 14 Jun 2008 17:11

You might find something on here:

https://www.hertsdirect.org/ufs/ufsmain?esessionid=2&formid=HALS_INDEXES

♫ Penny €

♫ Penny € Report 14 Jun 2008 19:22

Oh - I was getting excited then as I have Carters born in Hertford but looked & mine only go back as far as c. 1780 :-((